Piercing aftercare (Not for oral piercing)
Never, never touch a piercing with dirty hands !! Do not touche it, do not move it, do not play with it!
1. The fastest and most effective way to heal your piercing is to keep it clean. Wash it every time you shower or wash your face, just with water, no soap! Rinse the area with cold/warm water for about 2 or 3 minutes in the first 4 or 5 days, from the fourth or fifth day use hot water. Wash the area around the jewelry without touching or moving it. Do not increase the number of daily showers or face cleansers that you use regularly, as this could irritate the skin and delay healing.
. After cleaning it with water, it is very very important to dry it! A dry wound heals much faster than a wet wound!
Dry it with sterile gauze pads. If there are traces of dirt between the jewel and the skin, try to gently remove them with the same gauze
3. Clean your piercing with saline solution at least once a day. Use physiological saline, single-dose or spray. Soak sterile gauze with the solution and apply it to the piercing for ten minutes, or pour the solution directly onto and around the piercing, without touching it with the vial or spray, for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with water and pat it dry with sterile gauze pads.
4. Do not use alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, betadine, antibiotic ointments, etc. just water and saline solution.
5. Don't take out the jewel! Leave it in. If you want to change the jewel, you should only do it when the piercing is healed.
6. During the healing period, try to reduce the consumption of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, caffeine and aspirin (avoid it completely for the first 4 or 5 days).
7. For two weeks, do not expose the piercing to the water of swimming pools, lakes, sea, jacuzzi, etc., if you are not sure that the water is totally clean. If you doubt its cleanliness, avoid bathing or, at least, put on a patch that allows the passage of oxygen but not water (they are sold in pharmacies).
8. Avoid contact with the bodily fluids of others near the piercing during healing.
9. Avoid hair products, creams, makeup, ect. entering the piercing during healing.
10. Don't sleep on top of the piercing
11.Use clean sheets and covers.
12. If you have pets, be very careful that their hair does not touch and does not enter the piercing.
13. Avoid contact with dirty, synthetic or tight clothing.
14. In the case of genital piercings, in principle you can have sex when you feel ready. Sex during the healing period should be comfortable and gentle. You must use protection such as condoms, to avoid contact with your partner's body fluids, even if you maintain a stable relationship. After having sex, it is recommended to rinse with saline and/or clean water.
In the healing period it is normal for the piercing to ooze a yellow fluid, do not be alarmed, it is the blood plasma, lymph and dead cells that come out of the piercing, it indicates that the piercing is healing; just as it is normal that the days after having performed the piercing, there is swelling, irritation and discomfort in the area where it is located. If a little blood comes out of the piercing, that is also normal. In the case of an eyebrow piercing, a bruise may form around the eye, don't worry, it will go away in a week.
If instead, the suppuration becomes more dense, greenish-yellow in color, the area hurts and is very irritated, do not hesitate to contact me.
For any questions, curiosity or problems, contact me. Call or stop by the studio. Come to the studio a week after the piercing has been performed to monitor the healing process.